Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

What are reasons a man would remove or take off his wedding ring.?

My husband says he take his wedding ring off to play basketball, but I’m not buying it.

• ?

I had to take mine off while working on electronics every day, and my wrist watch.  Now I don't even wear them anymore ......

Impossible to answer. You should kind of know if you can trust him or not.

• KTJoe

C'mon find some trust; wedding rings are expensive husbands doesn't want those small diamonds to fall out. Don't you take your ring off to clear the garbage disposal..alright than.

What are the reasons a man hates rings period?  I dont want the physical confinement of one.  What if I can't remove it??

• adam

I own and run a motorcycle shop. We fabricate many parts. I never wear my ring at work. Machinery isnt safe to operate wearing a ring. Might not want to wear in summer heat eather. I also dont wear while Im lifting weights. Do you watch pro basketball? Nobody is wearing any rings. Football as well. 

• keerok

I've had a ring since 4th grade (my grandpa was a goldsmith) and I've played full-court basketball with it all the time through high school and college. Unless your husband's is that fancy or loose, he wouldn't be taking it off.

I saw a dude lose his ring finger playing basketball in Ohio. He dunked the ball and his ring got caught on the hook where you hang the net. His ring and finger were still hanging from the rim. I saw another guy in Texas "roach" his ring finger when he was hooking a welding machine ground clamp to an anchor bolt. It only took a second to make his ring glow red like the burner on a stove. He couldn't get it off no matter how much he tried. It was smoking like heII until he finally found a water jug. Another dude on a hotel project in NC thru a choker on the headache ball of a crane and signaled "get 'er up" while holding on to the choker, until the swaged knuckle (that makes the loop on a choker) got caught under his ring. It lifted him about 4 feet off the ground and pulled all the meat on his finger to the nail before he came off. Surprisingly it didn't break his finger. It amazed me how white bones are...something you don't forget easily. I've seen guys bend their rings and cant get them off. They'll use bolt cutters to cut them to get them off. I always take my ring off when I'm welding. The closest I've come was having a weld berry stick to the stainless steel back of my watch one time. I was waving like a MF and that berry wouldn't come out from under there. That was the last time I wore a watch while welding. I have some pretty cool scares, ha ha ha.. I told my wife "I'm sorry if you don't like me taking my ring off, but I'm not going to give up one of my fingers because you think I may do something." She understands now... Of all the guys I've seen lose fingers over my life, not too many of those fingers were successfully re-attached.  If you don't trust your husband, do both of you a favor and go your own ways. Without trust, you have nothing.

Rings are stupid!!!!

If the ring slips. it can move to the knuckle and thats ****** when you bend your fingers.

Lots of reasons

Seems valid but i have also been cheated upon and was also validated the same way you are now. If you want assurance or have doubts old phones hold lots of information so if he still has his old phone hanging around it will have most apps  updated upon it that is how I discovered my hubby cheated.