How often should married couples have sex ? ?

Me and my wife have been married for 14 years we have sex about every 4 or 5 years or just whenever she feels like it. How often should we do it ?

• Rick

There's no set amount; it varies for each couple.  It depends on their sex drives and how much sex they need and want.  It's actually not uncommon for couples to have this small amount of sex.

If this isn't working for you or her, you need to find a solution.  One way to do this is to see a sex therapist or a marriage counselor.

• adam

she is fu-king someone else then . DUMMY

There is no "should."  You have sex when you want to have sex. If once every 4-5 years suits both of you, that's perfectly okay. If it only suits ONE of you, then you need to get some counseling to figure out why. There might be medical or emotional reasons for this--or there might be other reasons. But only YOU can decide that. You and your medical professionals, that is. 

Yeah, that sounds about right...Passing closely in the hallway and brushing up against each other while sleeping counts as sex after 20 years.

My grandma told me a joke she read in playboy.  She got a subscription for grandpa for over 20 yrs.  The joke was "  A 65yr old wife goes to the doctor, and says my vagina hurts.  The doctor says this does not look healthy.  It looks like you have not had sex for a month.  The wife says that is right.  My husband and I have sex once a month.  The doctor says, for a woman to stay healthy she needs sex once a week.  So the doctor calls the husband in.  Sr. you have not been doing your job.  For a woman to stay healthy, she needs to have sex once a week.  I am going to have to subscribe sex 3x a week for a month, until your wife gets better.  The husband looks shocked, and says on what days?  The doctor says, she needs one day break, so Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  The husband thinks  for a long minute, and says OK, I can bring her in Monday and Wednesday but she will have to take a cab on Friday.  When I told my doctor that joke, he said, having an orgasm 2-3 times a week is good for us.  He did not say you have to have sex.  You can Masturbate.  I would be happy having intercourse 2 times a week.  and maybe Masturbate 1-2x a week.  But work, school, and kids sometimes get in the way.  There were times, when the kids were young, we were lucky to have intercourse once a week.  But all the rumors I heard from the Doctor's shows I seen, and Dr. Ruth, is the more sex or orgasms the better.  I am 50, and most of my friends male and female, if we had the time and energy we would want sex 3-4 times a week.  I would talk with your wife and doctor, to find out why she does not want sex more.  She could have a medical issue that makes sex uncomfortable. or hurts.  I think the average sex most people have is 1-2x a week.  and most men masturbate 1-2 times a week.  

A helluva lot more than that. I would say at least twice a week. You must not be very good at it. I would bet you I could make her want it that much or more. She probably hasn't ever had an orgasm.

• ?

As often as you both want to. There are no rules for this. 

Each couple has different needs although I sure wouldn't go 4-5 years between. In my younger days, we enjoyed each other two or three times daily. Now that I'm almost 80, it's more like a couple of times weekly.

1-2 times a week.........

Enough for the both of you to be satisfied