Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 months ago

Is "VerZion" Media affiliated with Yahoo/Verizon?

I received "warning" emails from VerZion Media (note the spelling) regarding my "controversial" posts here, but I ignored those emails (from "VerZion"). However, shortly afterwards, my Yahoo account WAS in fact suspended (my old account, not this one I'm on now). Please advise. Is "VerZion" affiliated with Yahoo?

• .

There is no "VerZion" associated in any way with Verizon or it's affiliated companies (it's a typo). See below for a similar question posted here 3 days ago.  I'll repeat my answers to the previous question, below:

.

That type of email has gone out to many users, from various email addresses. I've not heard of anyone having their YA account suspended shortly after receiving one (I received one in March of this year, from @oath.com which was what the company running Yahoo, AOL, etc was called (Oath) before they were changed to Verizon Media). My guess is they are sent out to everyone at some point, although I'd question the misspelling in the sending email address (although your question has been posted before, with the same comment regarding verzion vs verizon). 

• Daniel

Yes Verizon owns Yahoo 

It is not affiliated, but someone probably saw your posts and sent you a fake email. It is just coincidence.

I see antisemitism Israel here on yahoo. Did you get kicked out of Parler?