Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Why does no one care when there's an all white flight crew flying, only when there's and all black crew?

• F

No one knows unless someone decides it’s a good idea to tell you. 

I’ve only twice seen the pilots ,pre911 , when you sometimes could go into the cockpit.

This so-called question makes no sense and I don't know what you are asking.

I suppose when you say "care", you really mean "notice".

It's still more usual to have an all-white crew, or all-brown, than all-black, but there are more and more black crew members in many airlines, and it's only a matter of time until all-black crews become normal.

These days in any case mixed crews are by far the most common.

• pmt853

How would we know the colour of the flight crew? Why would we care? They just need to get me safely to my destination at about the right time.

Because an all-white crew is pretty standard; an an all-black crew is (internationally) pretty unusual.

It shouldn't be unusual or note-worthy, just as a fairly recent all-female crew making the news shouldn't be. But that's where we are.

What difference does the colour of their skin matter.

They all go through the same training and are all just as competent of doing the job.

When I fly I demand the best service so I never Fly Muslim airlines

The only thing I care about is having a ready and competent crew for the flight. Skin color is irrelevant.

@Artemisc: It is not just the Trump supporters.. it is people on both sides of the aisle that have mask issues. I see this at airport screening checkpoints and in and around Hawaii. Thankfully, most people have no problem with it. After Obama was elected in 2008, I had passengers threaten to call Obama to have me fired for telling them that their prohibited item is not allowed in carry-on and that it will need to placed in checked baggage.. It was hysterical. (I work as a TSA officer.)

@Needful Sinner: Most Americans don't highlight race. What you are responding to is the click-bait, likes-only, social-mass media that highlights this. It is becoming tiring.

I don't care what color they are as long as they are competent to do their jobs.  I've never seen an all-black crew, but I probably wouldn't notice if there was one.  I'm more concerned about the idiot in the MAGA hat who refuses to wear a mask on the plane. 

Who do you assume my jimmies would get rustled over skin tone?

That more a reflection on you my friend, american maybe?   they highlight race lots