? asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

I need a tent for my cold bed. Which one is the best?

The camper's tent may be a good choice.

If this is a waterbed.  Then you need a waterbed heater that is always plugged in so the temperature is  closer to your body temperature.  Then there is no complaints.  Also no aching bones in the morning.  

A heating pad or socks will do to if it is just a regular mattress.

• garry

wouldnt use a tent , just an electric blanket ...

What is a "cold bed" and why does it need a tent? Is this something to do with gardening?

• enn

When I lived in a tent for a national park as an employee, they used double-walls of the polyester tent lining to reduce the wind. They built a wood frame with 2 x4 pine, put a layer of tent wall on the outside of the frame, and another layer of tent wall on the inside of the frame. This reduced wind very well. We were allowed water-filled electric radiators to plug into the wires attached to the wood frame and had an electric light bulb and an electric outlet for a small refrigerator and a small "hot plate" electric skillet. We were allowed to have a small bbq outside our tent. We lived through two winters in this tent quite decent so long as we kept the snow off the tent walls and roof, and wore socks and long cotton undergarments all the time. With a decent duvet (or comforter) we, that is, my spouse and I, lived just fine through the winter snow. Let me supply you with a (Safe) link to a company that makes these "deck tents" (They are built on top of a deck-style platform). These are quite nice for a weekend retreat even in summer/fall. Try one and good luck to you!

https://www.walltentshop.com/pages/platform-canvas...

Buy a thick duvet. One time in Germany I slept in a room with the window open at night and it was minus 20 outside. I was toasty warm under a thick goose down duvet. 

• G

Ask your boyfriend to lay closer at night.

• Barry

Invest in an electric blanket. Switch it on an hour before you retire. If it's a really cold room some have an overnight setting. Electric blankets dry out all the sweat from the previous night, which is healthy.

I dislike heated bedrooms, but would not be without my electric blanket for those chilly nights. And a (faux) fur throw to go over the duvet as a nod to my Viking ancestry.

No. You don't want a tent, twice as expensive as a couple of blankets, and have a large contained area for your body to heat.

I use warm blankets, so I can breathe the cool air.

Heavy blankets, I find more comfortable as they tend to conform to the body, while light weight blankets do not "cling" allowing more cool air around the body.

Either way you still have to deal with the cold room when you arise.

Consider a room heater with remote, when you wake too.

Or even a sleeping bag.

On occasion I have a small fan to cool the air to make sleeping easier, the motor noise also cancels most ambient noises, as a plus.