What kind of sushi do you like?

Have you ever eaten sushi in Japan? Also, what kind of sushi do you like? 

I like tuna and scallop.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Alpha
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, I have been to Japan many times and I always try to sample at least one different sushi-ya (a sushi eatery) with each visit.  The sushi in Japan are different even though the name of the sushi maybe the same, and that is because the names used for fish and other seafood are common names which can mean different species of fish in different countries.  For example, there is no such thing as a species of sea bass.  A sea bass in one country can be a totally different species of fish in another. There are also many kinds of ingredients that are not readily available outside of Japan. For example, one of my favorite is sushi made with shako (mantis shrimp) which I have not seen in any sushi-ya in the US in several years.

• 2 months ago

Is sushi different in Japan? I've never eaten it in Japan but I've eaten tons and tons of it in Japanese restaurants all round the world.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

California and New York rolls any sushi dish in which the meat of fish is cooked 

• 2 months ago

I don't like sushi anything raw is not something i would eat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I just cant get myself to try it!

• 2 months ago

Mu favorite is Dragon's Eye sushi but it's hard to find.

• 2 months ago

I have never been to Japan, but I would love to go and try sushi from one of those conveyer belt sushi places, just because they are such a touristy place to go. 

Fun fact~ I actually hate cooked seafood, but I will eat it raw. I love scallop sushi, tuna is ok, salmon makes me gag, just because either cooked or raw it still has that 'salmon stank' on it, I also will chicken out and eat california roll, and I did eat octopus and shrimp but I didn't really find they had any real distinctive flavor.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I like this thing called a "yummy roll". It has crab, and avacado, with some kind of spicy sauce and little crispy bits of fried tempura on top. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.