Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Can you recall people you knew during school days who were nasty to you?  If you still see them sometimes do you still try to avoid them ?

Favorite Answer

For the most part, I stayed to myself while in high school.  My parents were very strict and insisted that I spend my time studying instead of partying. It was a private religious school, so the whole atmosphere was super conservative.   There was one girl (who actually lived next door to me) who was horrible.  She spread rumors that I "didn't like boys" (a precursor to being called a lesbian, which in the genre that I was raised in, meant that I would have been sent straight to hell). She also mocked my appearance, said I had to study so much because I was stupid (I graduated as valedictorian of the class), and played practical jokes that were mean on lots of her classmates as well as teachers.  I don't know why the teachers didn't figure out it was her, or maybe if they did, they were too uncomfortable with what her parents might have done if she were called down.  They were big financial supporters of the school. I never went to class reunions, because I figured she would be there and would start in again on me.  She didn't really turn out to have a happy life, as the man she married was convicted of fraud and was sent to prison, she had a child who was convicted of drug dealing, and she herself became a heroin addict and died. I guess it was petty of me, as well as a lot of other classmates, but no one from school attended her funeral.  I understand there were less than a dozen people there. It was sad.  

No. People were not nasty to me in school.  At least, if anybody tried it, I ignored them, which wasn't any fun for them, so they quit before long.  I don't avoid anybody, though there are some I'm happier to see than others.

• P.L.

I still have contact with just one girl with whom I was in school and another with whom I was in college.  All the others were unpleasant to me because I was painfully shy and couldn't stand up for myself.  I live a long way from all of them now and it's highly unlikely I'll ever meet them again. I've turned down all invitations to school reunions because I, quite simply, do not wish to see them again.  The one with whom I still have contact is lovely and we write, speak on the phone and send each other birthday and Christmas cards.

• ?

I do indeed recall.  When I traced one of them, I learned from his widow that he had died.  I was unable to trace the other.

I knew a couple that end up in jail. The rest mellow out and stop bother me.

Yes and no. Yes I recall people who were nasty to me in school and my whole life any where they are. No , i do not avoid them I kicked their ***** then and I still kick there *** now real good so no they never bother then or now more than once. I do not believe in turning the cheek . I do not give them a second chance at f******g me up. They lose right then and there the first time.

• kswck2

Yeah. One way I look at it is that those people were such A holes throughout their lives, most of them are dead now. 

Of course.  It's natural to remember the bullies.  I don't see them anymore.  I see some that I worked with.  I kill 'em with kindness.  It throws them off.

All along I had the power to snap them like a twig but Jesus Christ says turn the other cheek 

I still remember the names of the kids who used to bully me.