Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Do you think this is true?

That part time jobs would be better for people with anxiety and depression? Due to a hiccup with my insurance that i have to straighten out i haven't been able to get my meds and I feel so off more than I ever have in my life. I've been so f*cking sad lately and my mental health is sh*t right now. I'm crying while im writing this bc I just feel really upset that at this point in time I'm just not happy. I'm really feeling the brunt of not being able to hold a full time job and i think that taking on part time would be far less overwhelming especially with not being able to take my meds. Does anyone else experience this and is it normal to feel trapped by a job if you know its not the right one for you? 

Favorite Answer

If doing a part time job helps your mental health, go for it. To answer your last question: yes.

I think its good for you... If part time job do consider your health life... Go for it... I support your effort to be good in both health and career... Get to know... Health comes first before career etc... All the best to you...

Yes. A lot of people don't like their jobs, and then having to do it while you're not feeling well makes it worse.

I guess if jobs were fun, then you wouldn't get paid to do it.

I think it would be better to work shorter shifts if that would decrease your stress. 

Your medication is the key here.

Ask your pharmacist about the Good RX Program to see how much your out of pocket cost for your medications may be reduced with it.

It is important to get back on your meds and become well regulated BEFORE you make a decision to change your work status.  It's all right to tell your employer that you're having some health problems now....and you don't have to go into detail.  Perhaps you can get some personal medical leave time off until your insurance is straightened out.

One of the problems of depression is that it tends to slow people down. There is literally a slow-down in the cells of the brain. They don't work as hard as they should. It can be seen in brain scans. People often have a sense of fatigue. With a very bad case of depression, it's not a matter of whether or not quitting the full-time job would be nice. Doing the job becomes impossible until recovery from the depression. What's best for you we have no way of knowing, but maybe this information will help you make your choice. 

The costs of medications vary a great deal. Maybe your doctor could prescribe something affordable. Also, don't overlook self-help methods. Many people benefit from them. The beauty of self-help is that you have a variety of low cost, low risk things that can be combined with each other, and with standard treatments with office visits. While it's not clear at this time that any one of these things is as effective as an antidepressant, it's common sense that if a variety of reasonably good things are combined with each other, they will have considerable effect. 

This has details about self-help based on cognitive-behavioral therapy and lifestyle choices that help with depression - nutrition, basic lifestyle things like sleep, exercise, and social support, also traditional Asian methods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

Can you afford to live on a part-time job?

Are you simply trading issues that will ultimately cause the same mental health issues or worse ones?

Sounds like a childish justification for wanting to fail at life.

• LAN

No.   I think that we should sterilize the weak members of the herd and take away warning labels to give natural selection a hand.