? asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Hondas Vs Toyotas?

which car should i get?

Favorite Answer

New or used?  I'm a bit leery of new Hondas as they all seem to have turbo engines and I prefer to wait to see how reliable they are over the long term. Toyotas have a better track record for reliability with the current engines. 

I've owned a Corolla in the 80s, and 3 Camry's, a 2003, 2014 and I currently have a 2016.  I also owned a 2006 Honda Accord coupe with a V-6 and 6 speed.  My 2014 and 2016 Camrys were both V-6, but automatic.  The Honda was more fun to drive, better handing, and I enjoy driving a manual.  However, I had to gt brake repairs 3 times, and when I traded it, the brakes again needed to be repaired.  Not one of the Camry's have ever had any issues.  The only time they've left me sitting was when the battery needed to be replaced.  

So bottom line, IMHO, Hondas are more fun, Toyotas are more reliable.  

• Jensen

Make sure to drive both brands and choose the one you like the best. If I were you, I would definitely go with Hondas.

Reliability wise they measure the same. Resale demand is about the same.  So it comes down to body styling and features.  I would go for the Subaru WRX which goes like snot. Different car but more sporty in the performance department.  If you are interested in blowing doors off the competition.  I figure you are that insane of a driver.

• ?

Whichever meets your needs for the best price

• F

Honda civic type R.

hyundai accent 6 speed manual

Either brand is a good choice. Both are reliable and you really cannot go wrong with either one. Just drive both brands and choose the one you like the best. 

The one that you like best. You are the one paying for the car.