? asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 2 months ago

Was Linda Goodman a good astrologer?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

She greatly increased the popularity of Sun Sign astrology and you can't do that by knowing Sun signs alone. That, in turn, undoubtedly led some to investigate more thoroughly the real stuff, which puts them head and shoulders above the skeptics. Since Sun sign astrology is considered down market by astrologers they were pretty quick to deride her, probably unjustly. I've been made to understand she was a very good astrologer.  It was just a side of her that she didn't choose to present in public. 

I have more respect for her than I do glorified "astrologers to the stars," that are cookbook astrologers and not much more.  They trade off on the celebrity that rubbed off on them. To Chain LightninG:  Do you ever listen to yourself? It's a conglomeration of ignorance, arrogance and stupidity that has few equals. 

• Janet
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She was certainly good at making money writing about Signs.

Unfortunately, astrologers base their interpretations on the planets.  The signs only come into it once you have evaluated the way the planets interact with each other ... this is what guides you whether or not the positive or negative style of that sign is expressed when the person tries to meet that need/planet.

Goodman was the Queen of Sun Sign astrology, but ....

“Many people think that astrology is the Sun-sign columns found in every newspaper and online news media sites. Nothing could be further from the truth. That’s not astrology, that’s entertainment, which is what’s often stated in the fine print beneath astrology columns. Unfortunately, Sun-sign columns are one of the most persistently misleading representations of astrology. “

(Dorothy Oja: “What Astrology is and isn’t”)

And this is why most real astrologers abhor Sun-sign astrology .. and those who write Sun-sign garbage.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not here. The "real" astrology promoters hate the sun sign stuff. Janet claims decades of knowledge without ever writing a book. Is she simply only "good" or more?

Earlier this century ago there was a book “The Secret" that has sold over 30 million copies. In 50 languages. It’s about the so called "laws of attraction" yet another magical claim with no scientific basis. Should that author be regarded as one of the greatest authors of fiction?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don’t know......but she was a fckn awful poet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Is J.K. Rowling a good sorcerer,,, basically the same thing, selling fiction.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wowzers that name is a blast from the past . She sold a lot of books so I presume so  .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.