Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Aren't dislikes on your answer on yahoo answers just upside down likes?

7 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. They are an indication one or more users 

1-disagree with your answer and/or

2-dislike your answer (feel it is incorrect) and/or

3-dislike you and/or

4-think it's funny to TD every answer posted, regardless of content or who posted it

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I fail to see why anyone would actually care.   If you are so fragile that a thumbs down can break you then you aren't capable of following through on an honest answer anyway.

• 2 months ago

I think a lot of it has to do with users disliking you... it's very rare for me to get away with a single thumb up and not have a thumb down with it.

And if I get more than one thumb ups, without a thumb down, that goes down in the books because it's so rare.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No there actual Dislikes but sometimes people Thumb down Answers that are good tho so dont get Discouraged if you see someone Disliking your Answer as long as you Provided a good Answer thats all that Matters 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes. I used to think of them as sarcastic thumb ups. Now they just confirm the points I was trying to make. Truth can be very subjective. History is rewritten all the time, including the histories of fictional universe's (Star Trek, Star Wars and several alternate history book series.)

U

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Considering the source of them, yes

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Actually, it means someone read it and didn't like it, but since almost all my answers are factual, it's just someone who can't handle truth, and that's OK.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.