I have an acquaintance who thinks that its okay to visit without a mask, due to a negative Covid test. How can I convince him that its not?

When I protest, he gets angry.  

At the time of his test, he was not positive. This means nothing as he could have became infected a day or so prior to the test and it didn't show yet or he could have gotten infected shortly afterward. If he won't honor your request simply tell him it's not a reuest, it' an order.

Tell him that his negative test was only valid at the time he took it. He might have walked out of the test centre and picked up the virus, and be asymptomatic. Having a negative test only confirms he didn't have the virus when the test was taken. It's no longer relevant.

Let him get angry. It's better than getting the virus.

• ?

OR, you could deny him entry into your abode

Forget trying to "convince" him. Just don't let him visit your home. If he gets angry, it's his  problem, not yours. It is RUDE to force yourself into someone's house when they have asked you not to come in.

EDIT TO ADD: Not only rude but also illegal.

Tell him it's your house, your rules.  

Or, more tactfully, you can say "I'm probably being silly, but it makes me very uncomfortable to have a visitor without a mask." Maybe he won't get angry if you imply you are just irrational and are asking a favor of him to keep you comfortable.You actually have the right not to let him into the house without a mask, if it's important to you.How important is it to not make him angry?  What happens if you get angry because he won't follow your rules?  It's up to you how you handle it.

Personally, I allow people to visit without masks; but that is my choice.  It's still my house, my rules.

You can't convince him. You can't control another person's thoughts. Just decline his visit.

• ?

It's not. If some one else shows up to the visit and has covid 19 and they're also not wearing a mask, then he could end up getting it, if he gets too close to them. 

Just because you got a negative test, that doesn't mean you can't get covid. A  negative test means you don't have it, or you haven't gotten it yet. 

If he doesn't want to wear a mask, he's not visiting you. 

https://news.yahoo.com/no-negative-coronavirus-tes...

Get him to read it. It’s a yahoo article so it might be poorly written but he should get the gist of it. 

Point out Hope Hicks. The previous day, she was negative and went on the plane with Trump, sitting near him. The next day, she tested positive and possibly infected Trump. 

Trump tested negative at the rose garden party. A few days later, he came back positive and infected other people.

Look at don jr. Early in the day, he was negative. Later that night, he tested positive. Another test came back inconclusive. 

If he gets a rapid test, a negative test doesn’t mean he’s negative. It just means there’s not enough to trigger a positive test. It’s like that hiv drug that lowers the viral load that it’s undetectable. The person is still hiv but he has so little that it won’t trigger a positive test. If rapid comes back positive then he 100% has it. A negative rapid test requires a pcr test to confirm. 

It takes 2 to 14 days for the virus to incubate so he might have it but still show up as negative because there’s not enough. 

• D_21

you probably can't, but you also don't have to permit the visit. Say no thanks. Not today.. You get to set boundaries for yourself and your personal space. If they can't respect those boundaries, than don't be around that person.

You take care of you.

He takes care of him.

You don't convince him.

If he sees no one but you, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you see other people besides him and he's ok with your risk, that's on him.

If he sees other people besides you and you don't want to be around him because he doesn't wear a mask, you don't make plans with him