me asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 2 months ago

Many of my overseas contacts and friends are asking the same question & I have no answer. What happened to the United States?

They cannot believe how far we have fallen in being an example to the rest of the world on how to represent decency and honesty and justice.  

They seemed to be way more shocked than some Americans here are who watch the hot mess we have become politically.....

The one word I keep hearing a lot is shamelessness... like doing bad, corrupt, criminal things is not longer a stigma and in some quarters even a badge of honor.

No. Really I do not think many Americans fully understand just how beloved the United States is worldwide and respected, at least by decent people who want a decent world.  Now they see no longer the leader of that side of the equation but more aligning ourselves with the axis of evil.....

I mean come on now.....when criminal thugs like leaders of Russia, Turkey, and Kim of North Korea are praising our direction, it pretty much cinches it that something has very much gone awry with the USA.

When besieged by the forces of tyranny freedom loving peoples of the world will not be singing Don't do it Mr. Tyrant.....the Yanks are coming!   no more.

Funny thing, I hear the same thing from friends and business associates in other countries.  The U.S. is becoming a laughing stock.  Thanks commie dems!

Will the Communist DemocRATS fudgepack the Supreme Court to complete their take over of America or will you stand up and fight for freedom and our Constitution like those before us?

• ?

Just tell them that about 20 years US public school curriculum stopped teaching critical thinking. As that's what's fragmented our society to where we can't even have a conversation about how to fix things.

• dizwar

I think this happened when Mr. Trump became president.  I think people hoped that because he had been a rich and powerful businessman, he knew how to combine diplomacy, confidence, and financial / political acuity to advantage.

Instead, it seems that his ego got the best of him, and he got so carried away with his own sense of self-worth that it affected his attitude.

He ended up making unwise decisions and bulldozing his way around the political arena, thus representing the US in the poorest light possible.

From what I've been reading about Mr. Biden's choices for secretary of state, national security adviser, and UN ambassador, we have a chance to rectify our image.

I hope that Mr. Trump will resolve his inner problems and find a peaceful outcome to his future plans, and that Mr. Biden will create a more stable administration.

• ?

The day the first black president was getting inaugurated, the GOP was taking a vow to obstruct him (they subsequently shattered the filibuster record). I see that event as a turning point when the GOP decided party first ... frequently at the expense of America's dignity.

For years the United States of America was considered a Christian nation, but since the 1960s our nation has been falling away from our Lord Jesus Christ the God of our Founding Fathers.  We are overran today by godless citizens which by NAFTA and the Globalization of Corporations has made a few elite rich enough to want power to rule not only America but the world.  We could use their prayers for our nation that we can eliminate this threat to our great nation.  President Trump tried to turn our downward course around by placing USMCA to replace NAFTA and bring American corporations home to strengthen our workers and re enact our economy.  Our government has become corrupt under the Bush, Clinton, Obama administrations because Silicon Valley, Hollywood, Big Technology CEO, Big Pharmaceuticals and huge Corporations no longer care for America, but sell her out to other nations for a profit.  Even our News Organizations are owned by these tyrants and in cahoots with Big Money.  Our Democrats have accepted Socialism attitudes that have deceived many, because as you well know communism does not work.  Our Constitution is being tackled continually to the point that activist judges and politicians are making of it what they want.  In our recent election process a Secretary of State and an Activist Judge set the Constitution aside and put in their Voting Law which is only allowed by State Legislatures according to the Constitution.  With Activist Press supporting only Democrats because they are owned by a Democrat, we no longer have truth loving journalism.  The One Party scheme of the Democrats is to take over America.

• Jeff S

Christian conservatives hypocritically worshipping a pathological Liar that cheated on ALL of his wives. An immoral man that once bragged about grabbing unsuspecting women's P*ssy!

Blacks found out about the citizen army 

This is not homework help section.

US of A is alright, it’s United States if anything wrong with it, the. It must be wrong with everybody 

Weak troll. Just saying, Troll. <sigh>