Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

My parents are elderly and my sister is making them help her move, would this be considered elder abuse?

My parents are in their late 60s. Because of their age they’re also hire us for coronavirus and this means that helping her move out of her apartment is a place that probably has a lot of germs and possibly the virus.  

• Sandy
    Favorite Answer

The real question is how is she "making them help her?" They should have said, "Sorry, we aren't able to do that". Actually, they could still say it.

It's probably not technically abuse, but it's certainly irresponsible on her part.

Your sister cannot MAKE them help her.  They might be giving your parents a bit of a guilt trip so that they'll help but they CAN say NO and that is what they should be saying if they don't wish to help her. I wish that I knew what "they’re also hire us for coronavirus"  means.  Is English not your first language?

Having to stay home and not be able to leave the house is driving people insane, they likely jumped at the opportunity to leave the house.  Helping their kids move is just something parents do.