Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

Am I able to invest in the U.S stock market if I live in a different country?

5 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    You'll have to find a brokerage account that allows you to do so. 

  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You can, depending on your broker.  

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Some brokerage firms allow non-USA account holders. It depends upon your country and choosing a firm. There could be minimum balances because they don't want to deal with small accounts with extra paperwork involved.

    Although some brokerage firms in your country may have ways to trade USA exchange stocks, as an example of a USA firm that accepts international clients, is the largest in the USA now, Charles Schwab. They bought Ameritrade also and are integrating them in.

    They have capability for at least 30 countries, and up to 100.

    May be $25,000 account minimum to open an account.

    Smaller company Zacktrade has less research options at their site.

    Fidelity - No new international account holders.

    Interactive Brokers offers accounts to non-USA residents. account US$10,000 and fee of $10/month if trading fees do not exceed $10. 

  • 2 months ago

    Absolutely, we can always use your money.  Of course you might have to report earnings and losses from the US stocks in your country's tax returns.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Never tried it but I would bet on it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.