Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Headache when masturbating?

I’m 19 and recently I’ve started to get a really bad headache when I masturbate, usually when I’m about to ejaculate.

It gets really sore so I have to stop masturbating and then it eventually goes away a short while later.

Is there any reason for this? And is it serious?

• ron h

Foolish patricia strikes again. 

You can take treatment for it

Then take a aspirin and stop doing it

DEGENERATE TROLL FLAGGED 

• Joe

If it were me I would check with my doctor as it could be a sign of something serious like an aneurysm or high blood pressure.  Better safe than sorry.

• Sarah

I imagine because your drawing blood away from your brain and there for reducing the amount of oxygen

I had that, tuirned out to be an exertion headache, went away when I started going to the gym.

Try more exercise or see a doctor if you are worried.

This is called a sex or organism headache.  Best advice it to stop for a while -- like a couple of weeks, and see if goes away.

Read the article at the link below:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sex...

• not

I've experience them. Definetly a high chance when going a second round so I quit that. I feel I can tell if it will happen and abstain at times. Horrible intense headache to have, luckily they leave quickly. I have always suffered various types of headaches. Doctors have been no help on this type or others. Shared a link

One possibility is that masturbation does spike blood pressure, and headaches do sometimes link to spikes in blood pressure. There are other factors in high blood pressure as well. 

Since I'm not a doctor, I don't want to make a medical conclusion, but I am smart enough to put together common threads. You probably should discuss this with a doctor and suggest blood pressure considerations.

Sodium (salt) in diet raises blood pressure.

Offhand, I think race is a factor where blacks are more prone to high blood pressure. 

Heredity, obesity, stress, poor diet short in certain minerals, alcoholism, smoking. So many factors can do it.

If blood pressure starts high, and then spikes, it's one potential explanation. I'll end this that my instincts are normally excellent. Yes, it could be serious, but also controllable and may be fixable by changes. Have you had your blood pressure checked, both at rest and active?

Are you a list of risk factors?  

• .

I associate that with "trying too hard", increasing stress, or "forcing" it (the climax).  

There must be some physiological reason, but how you play it (and your anxiety) also might make some difference.  It doesn't sound serious.