Patricia asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why am I so stressed out?

I know all about the depression drugs and the side effects so don't bother with that -- but the typical "buck up, you'll get over it" is just mental masturbation.

Hhmmm... Stay out of the medication if you don't actually need it... Just be natural nature person who live the life normally... Only truly sick people do need those medications...

I don't know why you personally are stressed out, but this is a very stressful time we are living through. A lot of people are stressed out.  

You didn't ask for a remedy, so I won't offer one.  I'm sure you are aware of the possibilities.  

I agree with you completely about the "buck up" stuff. If your problem is just being stressed out, it's doubtful that a doctor would prescribe anything. I should mention that if you think you might be depressed, you can take a depression screening test online such as CESD R. 

There's a relationship between stress and depression. Stress can lead to depression, which makes good stress management good preventative medicine for depression. It's also one of the things that can help with recovery from depression. 

The best stress management is personal. Deal with things that are stressing you.

A really simple but effective thing - the habit of responding to moments of stress by slowing your breath. The evidence showing that slow breathing is a fast and effective method of calming down is enormous. It's used in treating anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Soldiers say that they are able to calm down immediately in dangerous situations by simply slowing down their breathing.

Rushing around when you don't have to and doing things carelessly is bad for the nerves and makes for mistakes and accidents. Carefulness is a form of mindfulness. Slow movement is your friend. It prevents serious accidents, and your actual safety is good for your peace of mind.

You can learn tai chi from one or two beginners' videos on YouTube.

Other things take some effort but they're very rewarding - things that make your life meaningful, like a good hobby, art, or volunteer work. Take care of your mental and physical health with the right lifestyle choices.

This has lots of useful information -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

its okay. sometimes we get confused by what others are doing.sometimes it can get kind of overwhelming.but I what i suggest is writing on paper. its not  my life. its not my life.its not my luck etc. that will be better. so just do that. thats good. like for me , i got worried about my life, about being alone etc. but then i though no no. then i wrote it down. been doing that all year. best regards tc

Because you never learned to give your cares to Jesus Christ. If you will humbly ask Him into your life as Lord and Savior and follow Him as best you can, He will help you.  Please read the New Testament for more information.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  Also look up Philippians 4:6-8 regarding anxiety.  Pray.  I will pray for you too.