What is an "ordinary citizen".. is it somebody with no diploma, no mental health and functioning records, no credit and no resume lol?

I thought an ordinary citizen is one who is not a government official.

I realize there may be some positions that may be ambiguous - civil servants in positions of minor authority.  For most purposes those are "ordinary" citizens too, I would think.

• Foofa

This piece is from 1992, but at the time the "typical American" was a white woman, 32.7 years old. She was a married mother with a high school diploma, some German ancestry and her household income was $35,225. 

Read more about it here - https://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/26/weekinreview/st...

Depends on content. Sometimes it might mean a citizen who is not a government official. The governor of a state is not a “ordinary citizen”.

The LEGAL meaning is ANY citizen not specifically excluded from the term.

"Normal" is "not different in any way."  After that it's a matter of interpretation.

When people (based on your questions) tell you you are not ordinary, that is not a compliment.