Coffee dependence?

Does drinking a cup or two of coffee every morning clasify as an addiction like in smoking?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No. Now if you have several cups of coffee throughout the day and can't get along without it then yeah.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you crave it really bad 

• 2 months ago

No, it isn't... Its a myth of health...

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, you'd have to drink much more than that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Our bodies can become addicted to caffeine.  Most people who have caffeinated beverages every day, do have a biochemical dependance on caffeine and will get a headache if completely deprived of caffeine.  

Caffeine can be found in any number of beverages, not just coffee. A person may have a habit or preference for coffee (millions of people do), but it is the caffeine, not the coffee that causes the dependance.  There are people addicted to caffeine who only drink energy drinks and soft drinks. 

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Ummmm..Coffee     

• Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Are you addicted to caffeine?   Easy to check -- simply skip coffee for a day or two.  Do you have headache?  No?  Then you are not addicted.

And even if you are addicted, why worry?  As long as you can get your fix, cheap, who cares?  When I was in my 30's thru my 50's I was drinking about 8 cups of coffee a day.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

An addiction is not a habit or preference.

If you were out of coffee, or told not to drink it before a certain medical test, would you be all right? Then it's just a habit or preference.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is normal but there will always be THAT GUY who warns against any caffeine and suggests only water and wheat grass are fit for human consumption. Should you be drinking coffee all day, every day then there might be an issue of dependency. Who gives a flying fudge? Drink your 1 or 2 cups of coffee that helps to get that engine running on all 8. 

To be clear, coffee is not breakfast. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.