Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Trying to conceive possible at all despite diabetes 1 and medications?

My partner (m, 29) has diabetes 1 and takes metformin for better blood sugar levels, levothyroxine for the under active thyroid he had and beta Blocker for migraines. So My main question is if diabetes and those medications interfere big time with fertility and if i should speak to my doctor about it? Or just keep trying? Its been 9 months now. I know it can take a year but I dont know if that rather applies for healthy couples? Thanks

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Talk to your ob/gyn.  Step number one be for both of you to be tested to make sure you are ovulating and he has a high enough sperm count.  If not, then you discuss the options available to address any issues.  If your husband has low sperm count and or mobility, artificial insemination may be your best bet.   

Maybe you're not a healthy couple. See a fertility specialist to see what might be done to improve your chances.

A fertility doctor is a reproductive endocrinologist — a physician who practices a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology called reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). REI is an area of medicine that addresses hormonal functioning as it pertains to reproduction and infertility in both women and men.