Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 day ago

I have a small UK enamel poppy dated 1906-2016. ?

It has been misprinted & the zero is missing from 1906. It has not been removed as there are no signs it was ever on the poppy. Can anyone tell me how much this is worth, please? Thanks.

1 day ago
    Favorite Answer

I theorize the missing number is a 1, not a 0, because Remembrance Day poppies honor war dead. No British forces were in conflicts or wars in 1906. If that year is 1916, The Great War, later known as World War I, was underway with British troops.

It makes more sense for a commemorative poppy to mark 100 years than 110, too.

I doubt this pin has much value, since it's only four years old. Hang onto it and pass it down.

7 hours ago

Thanks, Anonymous.I agree with you. My mistake.I don`t know what I was thinking. Must have been having an off day.😂

• JASON
    1 day ago

Like anything, it's worth as much as someone's prepared to pay. A badge collector might want it, if it's rare. Have you noticed on eBay when you sort by price high to low, you see items that you know are overpriced? They're trying it on. If someone is prepared to pay that because they think it must be rare because of the price, they've been fooled.