?

Wifi stinks.  What I do I do to get it fixed?

5 minutes ago I already lost 2 chess games because wifi cuts out. I need to do something.

• ?

How do you know it's your WIFI??   Simple fix. Connect your compute to your Router by Ethernet Cable and bypass the WIFI.

All WIFI Does is Connect your PC to your Router.

Your router connects to the internet through a Modem and CABLE.

If your router is inexpensive, take it to the gun range and shoot it.  Get a good one that autoupdates the firmware for YEARS.  Asus routers that are not ultra cheap do that.

Download a tool on your phone to check the WiFi. WiFi analyzer for example.  Then when you configure your router, pick a band that has little traffic in it.

Consider using the 5 GHz band over the 2.4 GHz band.  It is faster and usually less crowded.

Update to WiFi 5 or WiFi 6.  There is not much WiFi 6 out there yet but 5 is common.  It is 802.11ac. 

If the chess game is on a desktop, ETHERNET IT.  Ethernet is far more reliable.

A bit of information from YOU wouldn't go amiss, sir.

What device are you connecting to wi-fi with?  How far away from your router are you?  Which Operating System are you using?