Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 day ago

Should we strive to not engage ourselves too much with the parts of the Bible where it refers to or recommends that people be punished?

• Tim
    1 day ago

Whom does it recommend does the punishment?

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Ask me now about all those passages about stoning and I will ask you which rock shall we use to stone.

Deuteronomy 32

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

• 1 day ago

Yes as people are doing saying bad things about me I was thinking about how God would punish but now I forgive them for what they say for they know not what they do Father in Jesus name amen 🙏 

• 1 day ago

It is not so useful to engage ourselves in ancient folklore, myth and silly superstition! 

BTW, who does that?  Do you need a hint?

1 day ago

Christians are bound by the NT. Peter teaches that God allows us human governments to punish offenders.

So it depends upon whom and why. Surely we must discipline our children.

• 1 day ago

Government have laws they should follow them