Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 day ago

Is it true that Jesus did not drink any water when he was in the desert for 40 days?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 day ago

No.  The Bible is just myths and fables.

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 day ago

"Many scholars have questioned the authenticity and reliability of these sources [the gospels], and few events mentioned in the gospels are universally accepted." (Wikipedia).  In other words, the gospels are mostly lies.

• 1 day ago

That's absolutely impossible. No one could survive without water for 40 days.

• Misty
    Lv 5
    1 day ago

Jesus never existed so its moot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 day ago

This is a joke, right?  Nothing is true about Jesus!  

Where did you get 40 days in the dessert?

That's not in the Roman New Testament. 

The number 40 is use used multiple times in both Bibles.

I meant "A whole lot" a large amount.    

• Anonymous
    1 day ago

Scripture doesnt say but yes most likely. 

Matthew 4:2 KJV — And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

He was revisiting Moses who went without food or water for 40 days. 

Exodus 34:28 KJV — And Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Everything Moses did pointed to Jesus. If Moses did that then Jesus surely could.

Luke 24:44 KJV — And Jesus said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

• 1 day ago

No (unless he was drinking something else). People cannot live that long without drinking.  Even the Bible doesn't say he didn't drink.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.