Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

What's a fair amount to pay a babysitter for a day?

We have a 6 month old baby girl. I'm not sure what the going rate is or how much I should offer for having a babysitter look after her for an afternoon (6 hours or so). 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well these responses make me feel like a walking doormat... I get paid $20 a day to babysit for six hours, five days a week. AND I clean..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Work that out in advance. Tell her what you will pay and maybe she will bite. Maybe she has better things to do than look after your brat. 6 hours is considered a banker's workday.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You will need a very experienced person to look after a six month old for so long, so ask what she normally charges. I would think that rates vary rather depending where you live - which country, for example.

• Moya
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

$20 each hour

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Where I live the national minimum wage is just under $20 per hour. I feel like that is a reasonable amount for babysitting but for a 6 month old baby I might pay more for someone with more experience. 

You should check what the minimum is where you live and decide if you think that's a reasonable amount to pay someone being left with such a responsibility. 

• 2 months ago

Surely you must know minimum wage for your country. None of us are going to have a clue are we.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe $12 per hour!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

$700 per hour and then give a raise 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

For a child of that age, probably $10-$15 per hour.  This can be higher or lower depending upon what's typical in your area, but there's very little chance it will be much lower.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.