Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

My baby's dad owes me $1,425 for child support & he recently went into the navy. Will I get that full amount when he gets his first paycheck?

Considering that your baby daddy, an E-1 or E-2 doesn't earn that much.  You might get some of it back, but it would probably be in installments of about $237.00 spaced out over six months.  But the full amount?  After taxes and Social Security deductions I doubt that his pay check would be $1425.

How many times are you going to ask this question? You've been asking the same question for months.

NOPE! You`re SOL. The state will contact the military, and THEY will decide IF you get ANYTHING or NOT. And IF you are actually entitled to anything at all, you will have to PROVE  it with DNA tests. Then, the military will send it to the STATE agency, NOT directly to you. Don`t bother to try to argue. I KNOW. I had a hoochie after my pay. It was PROVEN not to be my kid. She`s sniveling now, just like YOU are! LOLOL

No.   First you have to present a court order for the money to the Military Pay and Finance office.   A certified copy of the order is best.  You should also provide the routing and account number for the bank account you want the money to go into.  (They will not send you a check.)   Once they get it and confirm it is valid they will then start taking the full monthly amount out of his check and send that to you.  As far as back payments,   they most likely will set up a payment plan,  such as 10% per month until it is paid.  

So Certified court order AND bank account info.   If you need help you can call the local federal court house and they might have someone there who can help you.  Or your lawyer should know how to do it. 

• Mrsjvb

Nope.  

Unless you have a court order garnishing his wages, you won’t get anything at all.  And if you do, it still needs to be set up as an allotment to come directly out of his pay.  

It takes 6-8 weeks for his first pay to be direct deposited once he has shipped out to boot camp.  Any allotments that happen take another 6-8 weeks after submission to come out.  There is a max amount that can be deducted from his base pay regardless of taxes, allotments etc.  

You can have the courts set up an allotment for future CS payments, but any arrears is a separate allotment and would be paid out after all others are, and again, up to the total permitted.

He won't make that much.

His paycheck isn’t even going to be that much at all. His first will take awhile. If he is smart he will set it up on an allotment. If you are smart you will through the state and have them possibly garnish his pay. 

If he owes back child support, then he can be delayed in going into the military, depending on the amount owed. You would have also had to sign paperwork saying you have full custody.  The child will be eligible for Tricare and get an ID card for ki,tied base access. 

probably not, he hasn't paid you yet, what makes you think he;ll pay you now?

• Daniel

Only if he sets up an allotment. 

If he didn't pay up before, he isn't going to start now.  If you want your money, take him to court.

Just call him your husband