Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Why is it so hard to find peanut butter without sugar?

Anyone know where I can find that? This whole time the "natural" peanut butter I've been eating has been filled with sugar! So frustrating.

Any natural one has no sugar. Try Teddy’s.

Yes here in Australia peanut Butter is either Crunchy or smooth with just a Pinch of salt

The generic at my store has just peanuts and salt. It needs to be stirred and kept refrigerated after opening. It’s frustrating when I can’t find it so I stock up when it is available. 

Go to 5he natural/organic food section.

• Hannah

There are tons of recipes online to make your own peanut butter where you can control the sugar amount.  

• Liz

Peanuts have natural sugar in them. I think you need to look to see if it has sugar added to the peanut butter. If you look at the ingredients, there shouldn’t be sugar/corn syrup/glucose added. The table that lists the sugars, fat, protein and vitamins will still show sugar, because of the natural sugar. 

I hope this makes sense. 

depends on where you live

in the usa look for Adam's Peanut Butter

https://www.adamspeanutbutter.com/products/natural...

Trader Joes.

FYI, if you aren't aware tomato sauce (pasta sauce, pizza sauce etc) is also a hidden source of sugar.  I think TJs also has no sugar pasta sauce.