Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

What are some good dividend stocks to invest in ?

My goal is to have a 2nd income for retirement. I am 31 now 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I generally invest in reputable firms that pay a better than average dividend and show a steady long term rate of annual increases along with a few solid REITs that pay better than averaage. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ATT,Version,Et,

Iipr-a iipr.

• 2 months ago

If you do not have a Roth IRA in which you deposit at least $500 per month, then you do not have any business in the stock market.  If, and when, you do put $500 per month in a Roth IRA, you should only buy the stock SPY and nothing else.  SPY is exactly the same as the S&P500 index.  Since 1990 (thirty years), the value of SPY has gone up eleven times.  Like $500 per month in the Roth IRA you buy a set amount of SPY stock every month.  Then just forget both and live your life. 

• 2 months ago

i think bank & insurance 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Go look up companies that generate a reliable source of cash flow, are able to grow in the long term, and are able to raise their dividends on a regular basis. Usually the most obvious options are toll infrastructure (utilities, telecom, pipelines etc.), oil companies, financial institutions (banks, insurance companies etc.), REITs, manufacturers of consumables, and core retail outlets that are not going anywhere. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

For right now, just invest in stocks that pay a dividend around 4% and Reinvest those dividends for the time being. In 30 years, which will be your time to retire, take those dividends as cash.  But invest in tried and true Blue Chips-NOT speculative stocks like Teledoc or some other suggestions. 

• 2 months ago

Invest $10,000 now in Teledoc and Docusign and you will be rich in 10 years.

• 2 months ago

Unless you have tons and tons of shares of stock, I don't think you will be able to live on dividend stock as a 2nd income. With average annual dividend yield about 2.5%, a $1M is going to get you about $25,000 annually.

• 2 months ago

You want to invest in a good mutual fund,  and just contribute monetary to the fund every month. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.