should i show failed college grades on my second attempt going back to college ?

i've went to college for bachelor but failed and now im filling out application for another bachelor degree and im afraid if i show my poor grades it will impact my application poorly. I did good at high school 3.8 gpa tho but it was back in 2010 so should i just show my high school diploma ?

i am applying to a different college 

the only ones I had were from a different school from where I got my good grades and when someone did ask about them I just said those were not in my major so they let it go at that but if they are from the same school you could probably not get with that. 

Here's a tip: If you want to go to college don't tell them "I've went" to college, and don't tell them you "did good".Tell them ""I went to college" or "I've gone to college", and tell them you "did well" at high school.

Basic literacy is a great help.

We realize you're applying to a different college.

All of the "thumbs down" in the world won't change the truth: when you apply to college, you are *required* to submit transcripts for all post-secondary college classes you have taken, whether you apply as a freshman or as a transfer student. The only exception may be if you spent less than a semester at the other college (i.e. withdrew before completing your first semester). 

If you pretend you're a freshman and don't submit the transcripts, it is fraud.

If they find out, you won't be admitted. If they find out after you are admitted, you are likely to be expelled, and any credit you have earned at the second college will be revoked. This will be hanging over your head for life. 

And it's quite likely they *will* find out (your high school graduation date will tip them off; the colleges will be looking for discrepancies). 

Yes, your low grades will impact your applications, and it's quite likely you will not be admitted to any selective college, despite your good high school grades.

If you're not, lying about it is not the answer. Go to community college, get excellent grades, and transfer to a four-year college or university as part of the automatic transfer program (if not earlier). You will still have to submit your transcript from the first college, but your success at the community college will greatly lessen their impact on the admissions decision. 

• MS

If you have already attended another college, then you will have to submit those transcripts with your application.  You are no longer considered a first-time freshman applicant.  If you do not, and if they find out after they've accepted you, then they can withdraw your acceptance or even be expelled if you have already enrolled. 

You can't delete those grades from your transcript and you have to include your transcript when applying to another school.

No. You MUST produce transcripts from the university you attended. 

no, you need to send transcripts of all colleges attended--you application states that and when you sign it you are certifying its all correct.  Doen't matter if you want credit or not. You can explain the poor grades later.

• Lisa

If you want to get credit for any of the classes you took in your old college, you have to show the new college a transcript from the old college.  The transcript won't be selective. . . it will show all the classes you took, and it will say what grades you received in all of them.  If you don't want to get credit, then you can probably get away with not telling them about that college.  But it means you'll have to take any required classes you've already taken and passed (such as English 101) again.

Good luck to you!

• John

You have to send transcripts for all attempted college work to your new school.