Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 3 months ago

Wouldn't it be easier to just lock up those who are high risk for COVID-19 than shutting down and destroying the economy?

Those who have an underlying illness and are old have a responsibility to take extra precaution to keep safe. It's not my or anyone's responsibility to avoid stepping on eggshells so they won't get sick. And we should not destroy the economy either. In my opinion, we should use our resources to protect these vulnerable individuals and encourage them to stay indoors. Perhaps we can find some sort of program that provides them with meals and delivers them clothes and toilet paper so they won't have to go out. However, we can't just be focusing on public health only. We need to also focus on the economy. Closing businesses is a stupid idea. Many small business owners are going bankrupt over an illness with a 97% survival rate. Ridiculous.

No, it would be sure to fail.

• L

This would mean people would have to use Common Sense and anymore - no one seems to have this.  Before this happened - if you were sick.........you just stayed home.

• Foofa

In other words, "the Swedish model". 

Yes. It is your responsibility to not actively get others sick during a goddddamn pandemic, you ******** clown. What sort of selfish mess are you? 

No, it's not a hoax, insane Miguel. The whole world is working a hoax? Are you for real, buddy? You not ever use that brain of yers except for conspiracy theories and porn images of trump? 

We could have avoided showing the world how fragile our economy here in the US actually is by hunkering down far back in Feb/March when all this first starting hitting. We could have listened to the actual doctors who said to take this seriously. We Americans would not now be heading into the holiday season with hundreds of thousands dead and that number rising. 

I also love how all you pull yourself up by your bootstraps, tough as nails don't take no handouts, can survive a zombie apocalypse sorts...crumble like babies at having to wear a piece of cloth on your face and wash you damn hands. LOL. 

I agree completely.  But the people have to be aware of their power.  The lockdowns cannot be carried out without the consent of the population.

I am 73, and so I take precautions.  I get most of my necessities delivered; my younger friends help me when necessary.  

I do go out.  I wear a mask in businesses.  I get take-out food from restaurants now and then.  I go to church using appropriate precautions.  

Now, I know that even at my age, 99% covid patients recover; I just don't want to get sick.  But if I do, that's okay too.

There are others less independent than I am, and it is important to protect those who are at risk.  COVID patients should not be placed in nursing homes!  That's crazy!  

In my town, the homeless were all contacted and placed in free private living quarters.  If they can do this for the homeless, they can do it for the elderly and disabled.  So if an elderly person is living with people who are likely to bring covid home, they should be given a safer place to live, and whatever support they need.  The children should go to school and able adults should go to work.  Even if they get covid, it will not be serious for them.

We need to fight back against these restrictions.  We are not supposed to be afraid of the government; the government is supposed to be afraid of us.

My concern for my personal safety in this crazy environment requires me to say:  I support Biden.  

I may not be scared of the government, but I'm half-afraid of Big Tech.

The economy isn't what's wrong .

Shut down or not no one is employed ./ You people think like Trump that he 

had a GDP below zero and even the fact he thought a low GDP is best hinges on moronic . High GDP is best . He figured the lower the better so spewed below Zero .

So don't ell me he Understand even basic economics , Sure he got you jobs in oil and coal but that must be addressed eventually unless you knowhereashitload is 

And what about essential workers  with high vulnerabilities ?

You guys just don'tgiveashit if Doctors die do You ?

They usually are pre existing conditions . hey but you can call a 21 y/o doctor for all i care .

No, it would be much harder or even impossible.

Everyone has underlying illness, whether they know it or not.

If they all stayed home and didn't go out to buy things, then there would be no one to bring them meals or clothes or toilet paper.

All businesses would be shut down, because there would be no workers.

Obvious Facts come first: The outbreak is a Hoax. 

Only 3% of patients die from it. It's not by accident. 

It was planned by the Deep-State/Banking-Cabal.

• kswck2

Nah. Just shot on site. 

No, don't lock up anyone or expect a revolution