Best way to make edibles without stinking up your house?

I wanna attempt to make my own edibles but don’t want to make my whole apartment building smell like weed. It’s legal in my state but not everyone wants to smell that lol. So what are some ways I can make canabutter and keep the smell minimal ?

Favorite Answer

I have only ever used a method I learned 40 years ago that still makes the best cannabutter I've ever had.

Grind your product to a fine shakey consistancy.  I do this typically with leavings and don't waste good smoking buds on it.  Put your product in a large pot and add vokda, a reasonabily priced one, til the product is totally covered by at least 2 inches.  Bring to a simmer and simmer as long as you feel you need to, I usually do about an hour.  While the simmered mixture is still very hot pour through a colander or strainer lined with cheesecloth, then squeeze mightily twisting the cheesecloth to wring out as much fluid as you can.  Add your butter to the hot mixture and let it melt.

The resins will mix with the butter, cool the mixture and skim off the hardened butter that is now canna butter.

I do it this way to separate the plant matter which I find adds a taste I'd rather not have in my baked goods and also screws up my baking recipes.  I can use this butter as is, thinned with plain butter if necessary, and it doesn't affect the chemical reactions of the baking.  It also provides a product that you pretty much can't taste in your baked goods.    DO NOT serve your baked goods that don't taste like product without warning people.  The couple I got this recipe from used to do that all the time (that was back in the 70s) and it was COMPLETELY uncool.

• 2 days ago

Are you decarboxylating the weed in your oven? The best solution is to turn on the fan over the stove and hopefully it vents outside. If you don't have one of those, a crockpot / slow-cooker also works well. I'm sure @heart o'gold's method works great but its also much more complicated than it needs to be.

Grind up the weed semi-fine and put it into a tea diffuser or filter bag. Add it with a stick of butter and a cup of water to a slow-cooker and let it go for 12 hours or so. Pull out the filter bag with all the left over weed bits and compost it. All the THC should be pulled out anyway. Let the water-butter mixture solidify so you can pour off the water. Keep it in the fridge for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Personally I use an oven to decarb and then follow this method for cannabutter (https://friendibles.ca/project/cooking-canna/)

You Should ask in the beer and spirits section. Light some incense? 

However, you got a recipe below lol.