Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Which vehicle works best on the road when it is snowing/slippery or there is a big blizzard? ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Any thing with FOUR WHEEL DRIVE in snow, now your Blizzard nothing the snow fall and blowing around will cut you vision down to nothing; in that case it is best to stay put and inside!

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    It comes down to the driving experience.  Any car can lose traction (and if you got worn out tires or summers are on you will be a ditch pig)

    I have driven Corvettes to the ski hills and Cadillac and Buick and Chev and VW air cooled and MGB... all cars are RWD so SNOW TIRES WITH THE SNOWFLAKE on the side are necessary.  None of these Town and Country tires which has changed name to All Season.  They can't compare if there is a lot of powder snow.  I have done it in FWD cars too but again with snow tires ALL AROUND.  

    / Then it matters how you drive. It is no longer pavement.  It is a skating rink and street shoes guarantee you land on your assbutt...and you miss all the corners and hit the ditch.  Know how to drive in those conditions or stay off the road.

    .  I have seen both AWD and 4WD in the ditch (deeper than the rest of the cars and they stayed stuck until a tow-truck pulled them out. Proving they can go anywhere even to places Tow Trucks can't get to so the car is left...for the winter.

  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Sno-cat      .

  • 2 months ago

    AUDI QUATTRO or SUBARU with AWD. BMW xDrive. QUATTRO was the first very successful awd in the last decade. The AUDI ALLROAD has hydraulics that fraise the thing UP by four inches from road height, and it had TWIN TURBOS as well! 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Newly falling snow , AWD with winter tyres. 

    Deep snow you’ll best with a 4WD suv with decent ground clearance unless you want to snow plough.

    Hard packed snow, studded tyres come into their own.

  • 2 months ago

    All of them.  I've been driving for over 30 years, and we get some serious winters every year where I live.  The vehicle you drive is 5% of the equation, the remaining 95% is how you drive it.  

  • 2 months ago

    A dog sled!

    I say that because a lot of drivers seem to think that given a 4WD or AWD they should be able to go any where and as a result end up in a ditch rolled over calling for help to be rescued.

    I drove a Miata 100 miles round trip during an ice storm and while I made it there and back a lot of drivers didn't who had AWD or 4WD with snow tires and studs (or chains).

    So it is not a matter of the what vehicle, it is an issue of the right driver.

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Snowmobile, Sno-cat. otherwise something tall with 4wd and mud-snow tires with chains.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    something with AWD and show chains. also a driver who isn't retarded

  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    A large four wheel drive truck with studded snow tires and loaded up with sandbags in the pickup bed. 

    Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.