Ray asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 2 months ago

Would you pay more for products that says "made in japan"?

I have the option to pay less for an automatic watch but i paid more just because it says Made in Japan

I'm basically paying about $100 dollars more for it just to have "made in japan" engraving.

If it's made in japan then it's most likely made in japan

I'm paying more because it's made by japanese men. that's all. 

• JJ
    Favorite Answer

No I wouldn't pay more but at least your watch is *probably* not made in China. However, it's not unheard of companies in China, Indonesia or the Philippines to label their product as "Made in Japan" to increase the market value. So if you want to make sure it's truly made in Japan, then only buy from a reputable source (i.e., eBay is *not* a reputable source). Sony is not made in Japan (they had factories in China, but moved them to Thailand last year).

• T

It's been a long time since people around the world stopped believing in the myth. My Sony DVD player is a piece of crap. It just doesn't read any DVD. I had to buy another and that's the one made in South Korea.  It works excellent. 

Are you paying more because it says this, or because it's actually made there?