Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Are those exercises correct?

If not would you please correct them for me? Thank you very much.

- A house it's a building where people live.- A fish is an animal with fins instead of arms and a tail instead of legs. It lives in water and it swims instead of walking.- An aquarium is like a museum where there's a lot of  tanks with fishes in them.- A baby is a very young child.- An apple is a fruit. It is round and usually red. It can also be yellow or green.

Update:

and if they are not correct could you please explain why? Thank you

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"A house IS a building..., not "it's a building". 

Also there needs to be a comma after "arms":  "...fins instead of arms, and a tail instead of legs."

"An aquarium is like a museum..." should be "where there are a lot of tanks with fish in them", not "there's" and "fishes". "fish" is both singular and plural.

UPDATE: The other "anonymous" has no clue what she/he is talking about. There absolutely IS a comma after "arms".  No one who knows correct English would say there should be no comma there. It's a run-on sentence without a comma. That's why it's risky to ask for advice from strangers online.  This forum gets a lot of people who have no clue what they're talking about, as that person clearly shows.

As for the rest of her/his responses, people no longer talk like that. Yet she/he has the nerve to vote my answer "thumbs down", and after not even knowing when a comma is required.  I advise that you completely ignore that person's answers.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A house IS a building IN WHICH people live.

A fish is an animal with fins instead of arms and a tail instead of legs. -- Correct; no comma after "arms."

An aquarium is A BULDING like a museum IN WHICH THERE ARE MANY tanks with FISH in them.

An apple is a fruit. It is round and OFTEN red. It can also be yellow or green.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.