Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Ended it with wife. Did I do the right thing?

I ended things for good with my wife yesterday after trying and failing to repair the relationship after her alleged cheating.

We have only been married a year and everything was great until lockdown where we went through a difficult period like everyone I’m guessing, I did have to quarantine due to an illness and financially we took a hit where she seemed to blame me and start resenting me, it was out of my control. I lost my dad, suffered with my mental health too. We started arguing a lot name calling etc etc, it wasn’t good.

She started acting strange once I got back to work she didn’t really want to be around me I’m my opinion. Anyway I ended up finding a hotel booking online when she was supposed to be working, I also found a parking ticket at a place she shouldn’t have been. When I asked her she came up with all the excuses saying she met a friend, it took a week or so but eventually she admitted to meeting a guy she has known for years she said. I came home one night to find she had taken furniture etc and left.

We have been trying to sort through things but she always caused an argument and made things difficult and didn’t want to come to marriage counselling with me.

Yesterday she came up with more excuses and I lost it and told her it was over, today I’m wondering if I should have kept working at it, I just don’t know? 

She also said nothing happened in the hotel and they just talked. I found more receipts of fancy underwear etc too

Do not believe.....

• ?

I'd say once she took the furniture she ended it. But yeah, it sounds like this wasn't going to work out regardless of who can take the credit for ending it. 

• car253

You did the right thing.   That you are even asking means you care and you are a good person.   Do NOT go back to her.    File for divorce.    She maybe just using you.  Now you find out the hard way for what she did. 

You did the right thing.

As a man the mistake you made was getting married there is no way to recover from that mistake.

Yes. You may as well have ended the relationship. She is a waste of time. Why keep working at it with a liar anyway. You will never be able to trust her. Marriage is not for everyone.

Wifey isn’t marriage material so of course you did zxjqkh

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

You did everything fine. This is on her hurting you. You did everything you could and she took advantage of that. 

From what I'm reading, I'd definitely say that you made the correct decision. She had been handling the stress caused by the lockdown poorly and it appears that she looked for pleasures elsewhere. I can't imagine any woman going to a hotel room just to talk. The fancy underwear was obviously to impress someone other than you. Follow through with the divorce.

• y

I came home one night to find she had taken furniture etc and left

That was the end, sorry to tell you the rest is so she can get whatever she can.  String you along and such.

Nah sounds like she checked out a long time ago. Lost cause