Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Can Short People Drive Kenworth/Peterbilt long nose trucks? ?

I’m 5’2 and just got my cdl. I mentioned my interest in long nose peterbilt trucks to my instructor.. he said they wouldn’t be a good fit for me because of my height. Do short people really struggle driving those trucks?? 

Favorite Answer

Short people can absolutely drive a long nose Pete or KW. With fully adjustable seats and steering, nearly anyone who can drive a car, and wants to drive one of those, can.

go sit in one and see if you can reach the peddles?

it's possible. but probably the real reason he said that was because peterbilts are expensive and the trucking companies dont really give a sh*t about you, they're just gonna give you some cheap plastic truck because they are trying to save themselves money. i have never sat in a peterbilt so I don't really know for sure if it's hard to see over the hood.