What would happen if the abolish all lawyers and outlaw the legal profession?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

It would become really difficult for the government to ensure people's sixth amendment rights. But then again, they wouldn't have any DA's, so no one would face prosecution.

I suppose laws would just be determined by whoever has the most guns.

• 2 days ago

Your dad will be unemployable and you will have to sell whatever devise you use to post on Yahoo Answers.

• Anonymous
    2 days ago

Citizens would enforce the laws themselves.

People who post "if THE abolish" would run the Country.

• 2 days ago

Lawyers defend people against criminal accusations from the government. Lawyers help settle civil disputes between citizens and help protect those who are being taken advantaged of from those who would abuse them.

If you have no lawyers in your society, my guess is that is a real bad sign of what your society has become.  You do not hear much about it now, but there are certain political ideologies in the USA that for a while really hated trial lawyers.  Why? Because trial lawyers were the ones who helped consumers or workers protect themselves from wealthy corporations from alleged corporate abuses.  The phrase frivolous lawsuits was used a lot. If someone lost an arm at work due to employer negligence and was suing their employer, that ideology saw that as a frivolous lawsuit. There was even talk of eliminating trials and just have it be right in the law that if you lost an arm, that you get $50,000, if you lost an eye, maybe $70,000 and if you lost your husband due to such a work place negligence, maybe you could get $150,000, etc...  Basically those arguing for those types of things, hated lawyers because lawyers helped reduce their profits.

A society abolish lawyers and defending from oppression has become a society that wants oppression rampant and want people defenseless from oppression.

and now we can talk about what happens to people that the government accuses of crime in such a society.  I guess they have no one to argue their cases for them and defend them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 days ago

Then instead of getting a trial I guess you'd just go straight to prison if you're accused of committing a crime. 

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 days ago

Government would dictate law, and people would have no recourse against it.

• Anonymous
    2 days ago

Criminals will not be convicted, no matter the evidence, but remain free to commit more crimes.

People who were grievously harmed by a product will never be compensated, and the companies will continue to make those dangerous products.

The trafficking of drugs and child sex workers will flourish.

Organized crime will thrive.

• Anonymous
    2 days ago

That would mean that we would have no laws.

• Anonymous
    2 days ago

Well if you ever say I can sue, they will laugh at you for an hour

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.