i can't seem to convince doctors I have dementia from alcohol abuse. How can i do this?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

why would  you want to have dementia  ..you should  be trying to say you aint got  it lol so ya must have it sorry or you are a * hypochondriac *

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

If you had Dementia you wouldn't have been able to post this question. Doesn't help your claim. Most Doctors aren't idiots.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe because too many people try and get disability pensions who are still capable of working.  If he thinks you are still able to work then likely you are.

• 2 months ago

It's called being drunk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You should be able to ask to be tested for Dementia specifically the MMSE and the mini cog but if you have already had taken these recently and did not pass the threshold then you may not technically have it and I do not think there is much you can do.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Show them what you post here. 

• 2 months ago

Perhaps by having dementia from alcohol abuse. If you don't, then nothing you can do will convince them, obviously. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Turn up for your appointment on the wrong day

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

when you turn  up sobber for your Doctors appointment they will believe you 

• 2 months ago

You don’t typically have to convince doctors you have any sort of illness. They will conduct an assessment and make a diagnosis. If they say you don’t have dementia, they are probably right. They are the professionals after all. If you stop drinking then your memory might improve. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.