Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

has anyone else noticed that WIFI connection is not as good in past few days? I have noticed media channels are having problems too, why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

WiFi only links to your home router.

However, most equipment uses the 2.4GHz band, which is shared by every WiFi device and router.

Every device within possibly 200 - 500m of where you live may well be trying to use the same radio frequencies at the same time.

Think of it being a bit like a room packed with people all trying to have conversations simultaneously, the more people that talk the less anyone can understand.

In many towns, the 2.4GHz WiFi band is so congested as to frequently be unusable.

If your router devices can use the 5GHz band, make sure they do - there is vastly more space on there, while any two 2.4GHz 11n system in range of each other have a fair chance of conflicting with each other.

[ps. The "channel numbers" on 2.4GHz are from an earlier system - each WiFi system takes five or more channel slots; it's impossible for two of the fastest-mode system to coexist at all without interference].

Also, many other things use the same radio frequencies, from home security cameras through baby monitors and microwave ovens. Interference from those woes not show up on a WiFi device, but it still messes up the radio signals.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

define "media channels".

i'm not having trouble with my wifi. if YOU are, you should call your ISP.

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

yes and , its plainly written in you agreement , when the bandwidth is met they slow down your access , its witten in every agreement , cant blame them because you have more users . read your contract .

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The only reason you may notice a difference is if your internet connection is slower than usual. This is the feed that your ISP provides from the street to your property. All ISP have concurrency limits, this means that your feed is shared across several users maybe 10-20:1 per feed. If many people are using the internet (as they might well be in lock down) then your ISP may not be able to give you your usual speed.

The wifi itself won't be causing the problem though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Something you need to understand about WIFI.   All WIFI does is connect you to your MODEM/ROUTER  in Your House.  Unless you are using a public WIFI system.

My WIFI in My House would be completely different than any WIFI your using.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

NOPE! Everything working perfectly fine. Sounds like a YOU problem.

• Kids are staying home from school and taking up bandwidth in online learning 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

my wifi is fine, tyvm

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.