Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

Why do people get such depressing tattoos on their bodies. Don't they know it'll stay forever?

I have a friend with a tattoo that says "let go" on her wrist and I think it's very stupid. She also has a sad face tattoo above her elbow. She even got a tattoo that says "alone" on her other arm. Shes 26 and she should get over the phase. I know shes been through a lot, but still. Shes gonna look back at her stupid tattoos and wishes she could get them removed. I have a tattoo that says my moms name because she died in 2017 and it was a little something for my mom..but I never took it more than that.

What's wrong with people?

Well "let go" can mean let go of all the bad things that happened on life and move on to the good! What she likes might be dumb to you, but to her it has some sort of meaning!

Your friend’s tattoo is just as stupid as yours. Why do you need your mum’s name tattooed on your arm? Are you going to forget her name or existence? Better tattoo it, right? 

She is looking for acknowledgement.  She wants attention and "wearing her heart on her sleeve" is the only way she knows to force others to notice her.  It gives people a reason to talk to her and, in turn, sympathize.  

People who get tattoos, usually have a story or a reason for the tattoo.  You,  thinking it is stupid, is not for you to judge,  honey.  There is nothing wrong with others,  I am thinking there is something wrong with YOU!🤪