? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Going to my family thanksgiving get together because if i don't ill probably kill myself from loneliness . You got a problem with that?

No im not asking if you have a problem with me killing myself because i wont accept forced Solitary Confinement (ala lockdown and “social distancing”

Im asking if you got a problem with my family and myself meeting to have a necessary and enjoyable gathering. All attending are FULLY aware of the risk and we are all prepared to die. We all die at some point, and there are billions of diseases that kill besides COVID. This is not bloody Bubonic Plague or Ebola or Smallpox or Anthrax. Im on the verge of suicide because of these insane lock downs and the idic idea that hiding in tour home forever is just as fulfilling as living a full life. Put bluntly at this point in COVID- what the hell is the reason to live? You aren't supposed to meet with friends, family, cant have funerals, cant go to church, cant go to beaches, cant hike, cant travel, cant go to bars or restaurants... this sound like HELL, not being alive.

Not socializing for 4 more weeks will result in me blowing my head off, so yeah with my family all being ok with the risk, I'm going to go to the get together, if my mother or aunts die - ill be heart broken, but im not a moron who thinks we all live forever. You cant cheat death

So you got a problem with me ignoring the fascist curfews and gathering in your home prohibitions allowing Cops to violate the 4th amendment and invade peoples home without warrants?

If you do, then go kiss my ***. I chose the risk of death from covid over the certainty of death by suicide

And dont give me any BS about Zoom crapy video crap or “digital dinners” as being fulfilling. You're an absolute anti social moron if you think eating turkey ALONE on zoom “with” family, is even remotely satisfying.  Better to die from suicide than settle for anti social garbage video “dinners” or events.

Nice answers- such anti social sociopaths.  May you holidays be fun and may you get covid and die. Better yet - please get Leukemia, so can send you a congrats card

Commenter- Thank you for your reply, a well written logical and understanding  answer vs the other murder wishing scum replies

Favorite Answer

Hell no!  It is your life, this is a free country and I would if my mom and dad were still alive!

These draconian shut downs are not likely to help anyway.

If people want to stay home, stay home.

I happen to not get sick often, but when I get a cold, I always get really sick, so I naturally take good care of myself to prevent them, which means staying home and away from crowds in the winter when those bugs make their rounds HOWEVER, I do not expect other people to shut down their lives for me!  I take vitamins, have always used sanitizer on grocery cats, etc.

Go enjoy your family!  God bless!

Yes, I do.  Because if you commit suicide, then only one person dies.  Instead, you chose to have many die.

You are right about one thing:  This isn't like Ebola.  Ebola killed only one American.  COVID has killed about 300,000 Americans, so far, give or take.

• donnie

Do not let the grinches ruin all your holidays

Sad:   I hope you have enough money saved up so your final expenses (funeral, casket, burial, etc.)  won’t be a burden on your family.  OR, have some life insurance.   

Source(s): life

So your stance is that it's better to risk killing someone in attendance than to be lonely?

I guess we're done here. Let us know which relative dies.

• Ian

So YOUR rights are MORE VALID than anyone else's? People don't have a right to safety? Screw anyone else who may get it from you or your family? They don't matter as long as YOU get to do what you want, is that it? So I assume you don't wear seatbelts? Put on sunscreen? Haven't been vaccinated before? Butt in line at the movies or at stores? What an entitled little baby you are...

Wow... You are going to be a joy to be around at the family gathering! If you think a Thanksgiving dinner is going to get your head on straight... think again. Covid aside, you need serious mental health counseling and you need to take responsibility for controlling your life. 

Edit:

Assuming you are not trolling... and who knows... do you honestly think one family get-together is going to stop you from committing suicide? There will be something else that comes along that will once again make you depressed... and then something else... and then something else... etc. Only you can stop the cycle by taking control of your life. And you are more likely to do it with the help of an experienced mental health expert. 

Go suck a @@@ anonymous. You die first.

• Kate

Do you think we really care about one lonely, confused and boring person? We don't. Go, have fun. It will make you feel macho knowing you defied the law! You bad boy!

• Matt

Get over yourself. No one cares