What is the best and the simplest chicken breast recipe you know? ?

I'm tired of boiled chicken breasts, please recommend something simple and healthy.

1 week ago

Chicken Savannah

Chicken piccata? Lemon Chicken? Basted and broiled chicken drumsticks in sweet and sour sauce. 

Baked, with salsa on top. 

Fried chicken is best

Boiled?  Blech.

I might poach chicken breasts in chicken stock with a few whole garlic cloves for enchiladas, chicken salad, etc, but boil in plain water?  Never.

The easiest way I've ever cooked chicken is to bake it.  When I want to work in my studio instead of cook, I have what I think is actually a glazed ceramic bean pot, holds about two quarts, sloped in at the mouth with a small hole in the tight fitting ceramic lid.

I can put a little butter or olive oil in the bottom, season the breasts as I like, put the cover on, and bake at 325-350 til the chicken is done.  I don't usually do it quite that simple, I will usually put a couple onion slices broken into individual rings under and maybe over the chicken.  I may also use herbs, capers, olives, suntried tomatoes, etc.

My favorite version of this has the butter/olive oil, onion rings, chicken, more onion rings, a handful of whatever pitted olives I have on hand and a couple large pinches of fresh tarragon or a single large pinch of dried tarragon.  Salt and pepper, maybe a garlic clove or two, with 1/4 cup of white wine, whatever I am drinking, poured over.

One of my favorite things about cooking the chicken this way is I don't bother to time it, it seems almost impossible to overcook.  If I want potatoes or other veges I can just toss them in with the chicken, takes a bit longer to cook.

I can't tell you how many times I tucked this in the oven, got involved in my studio and forgot I had something in the oven til much later.  Never ever had this burn, ever.  I kindof chalk that up to the bean pot somehow, if you use a different kind of cookware I suggest watching it more closely than I watch mine.

The above can be done with bone in or boneless, dark or light, skin on or off. I typically do boneless/skinless breast or thighs.

Another great way to cook chicken that I often do with bone in skin on, usually breasts or thighs, is to oven roast it.  Rinse and dry the chicken pieces, rub them with olive oil or butter and whatever seasonings you want, I typically make a compound butter of room temp butter (I like Kerrygold) salt, pepper, microplaned lemon peel and maybe, unless I am cooking ahead for several different meals, finely minced garlic and rosemary (or other herb(s) of choice).  Roast in oven, skin side up, at 350 til the chicken is cooked through, I start checking bone in breasts at about 25 minutes.  Leaving the bones in and skin on adds a lot of flavor.  Then the skin and bones go into a freezer bag for my next pot of stock.

No. Forget boiled chicken. Take the skin off and bake them. Season to your taste, then in an oven  at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. Until cooked through.

Oh!! Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, to keep moisture in during cooking

Source(s): Been useing this recipe for decades.
  • Jane

It's all about keeping the chicken moist, as breast gets dry quickly, so don't overcook. And serve it with a nice sauce.

My favourite recipes-

1. Stir fry! Make a tasty simple sauce with ginger, garlic, chilli and soy sauce. Then just stir fry veg like carrot, sweet peppers, whatever you fancy, sliced chicken breast, add sauce and any noodles or rice if you want some carbs.

2. Chicken satay/jerk/tandoori-  loads of recipes online, so tasty, all the flavour without the fat.

Enjoy cooking! 

• kswck2

Chicken breast in a fry pan. Bit of oil to coat pan. Fry.  Add lemon juice and fresh dill. Fry till 165 degrees. Serve over hot pasta. Done. 

• Mark

Pesto Chicken Breasts

Chicken Breast

Pesto Sauce (jar)

Slices of Tomato

Shredded Mozzarella

Put breasts in glass baking dish and spoon some pesto sauce over the top, 

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min.  Top with tomato slices and shredded cheese.

Broil until cheese melts and browns slightly.

• BBG

Marinate in oil, lemon juice and fresh garlic.    Grill.

I cut each breast half into about four pieces to expose more surface area to the marinade.  It's also easier to cook it without overcooking it.