Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Would you let go of a someone who chose his mom over you?

i simply mean a romantic partner choosing friends and his mom over the significant other. it makes me think he's not worth it and doesn't like me. i would not have done that. i had chosen him over my friends and family. 

Favorite Answer

There are men out there that would give you more undivided attention.

I'm 38 and have never been on a date - had a crush on a workmate but she went for a manager's son... who is totally a momma's boy - and now she constantly complains and her latest approach has been to move out of the house - with him - into a condo to see if things get better. 

Meanwhile I sit here typing about this situation years in the making - having been completely burned by her - and I'm totally not a momma's boy my mom - was a religious hypocrite and beat me for any reason she could find - and I don't have much attachment to her but obviously no reward has been given for that.

• ?

Nothing to do with Etiquette. Move your question over to Family and Relationships.

• ?

DUMP THE JERK and move on.

He clearly is not the one for you. He doesn't have your best interests in mind.

• Ann

Unfortunately, I married a man who I didn't discover until after the wedding was symbiotically attached to his mother.  Every time she wanted anything, she called him, and he would drive four hours to take care of her whim.  He put her before anything or anyone else in the world, including his children.  When she died, he went into a deep depression, quit his job and went to bed.  If you haven't married this man, get away as fast as you can.  Mama will win every time over you.

• ?

I wouldn't have to because if he literally chose him mom over me I wouldn't be in the picture anymore. 

I've had bit*hy scheming women actually come into my home, accept my hospitality, but still stick the knife in, to my son behind my back!! I honestly couldn't have done more for them - one stayed over, so I did her washing that night for her to have a clean uniform for work the next day - but that made no difference. I think you'll find it's the woman who has the problem, not the mother. It's not a competition you know! Now, choosing friends over you is another matter. A big no way there . . .   

Would like to know more about the dynamic between parent and child. What is the foundation of their connection?

Of course I would. Wouldn't anyone?

It depends on why