Paul asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How can I live a fulfilling life without kids?

So my wife and I have been trying to have kids for several years along with several fertility treatments, until a doctor finally told my wife she can’t have kids with anyone due to a weird condition. And we can’t adopt because I have a criminal record and she doesn’t want to anyway under any circumstances even without my record. And I am allergic to dogs and cats so that’s out of the question. The thought of never being able to have a child just makes me want to kill myself as I feel my life has no purpose, and I don’t know how I’ll be able to live a fulfilling life. I’ve seen a bunch of therapists and psychologists, and each one has just made me feel even more suicidal. I’m just really sad that my genes will die with me, and who will I pass my assets down to when I die?

Maybe my after life in heaven will be better, but I can’t keep living like this 

Favorite Answer

If you are suicidal your inability to have children is a gift to those unborn children from God.

What is so special about your suicidal genes that you want to share them with the next generation?

Find out what the weird condition is and find a specialist.  If SHE is the problem, divorce her and marry someone else.  Find a surrogate mother (you know how that works, right)?

Spend your assets while you're alive, and that won't be a concern.

I have no children, not my choice.  I am very close to my nieces and nephews.  I will be passing my assets to them.

LONG STORY SHORT - someone I worked with, someone I had lunch with every day, was going through a custody battle.  One day she was worried about who would care for her children when she wasn't there.  We all assumed she meant when the father had visits.  She didn't.  She meant when she was dead.  She went home and killed herself.  I take suicide threats - especially when people like you post them over and over - very seriously.

Seek help.

It's actually a good thing you can't be a parent. A suicidal person should not be a parent.

Are you allergic to bunnies? Birds? Lizards? Hamsters? And I don’t know much about it, but I think there are special kinds of cats and dogs that are fine for people with allergies, but you’d probably need to read up on it.

• T J

Does your wife have a sister/cousin? She can act as a surrogate. She can carry your wife's egg, fertilized with your sperm.

It’s a good thing you can’t have children, by this post you clearly aren’t fit for a parent. For example “The thought of never being able to have a child just makes me want to kill myself as I feel my life has no purpose, and I don’t know how I’ll be able to live a fulfilling life” shows how mentally immature you are. 

It’s clearly also a GOOD thing that your genes die with you. Your genes clearly aren’t all that grand. You have a criminal record, allergies to common house pets and you clearly are prone to mental issues like becoming a maniac and considering suicide just because you can’t have children. Clearly these aren’t the such good genes to pass down to someone, and I’m sorry your parents passed them down to you (my parents are also people who never should have had children).

How many GD times are you going to troll this?