Padres Number 8 Mystery?

I've recently found an old MLB Padres shirt numbered 8 with the name Cararo, but I can't find any record of the player at all, but I feel like I've seen that name before. The shirt seems old itself, the tags were washed out long ago.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone named Cararo that ever actually played in the Padres and what their first name was.

There is no plyer with the first or last name Cararo in MLB history

Either a personalized fan jersey or might have been a non-roster spring training invitee.

First is more likely as non-roster players usually have a high jersey # and no name on it.

• ?

Curtis may very well be correct.  Looking back over Padres history, they have had 33 different players since the start of the franchise who wore the number eight.  Only three had a last name starting with C: Deivi Cruz, Cesar Crespo, and Chris Canizzaro.  The third name is the closest.  He played back in the late 60s and early 70s

It's a fan jersey, not a genuine MLB jersey.  Someone named Cararo bought an officially licensed replica (or maybe even an unauthorized knock-off) and had it customized with their name and the number of their choice.