Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Is it still sexual harassment if a girl gropes a guy?

I (a girl) only did that twice when I was in HS. I groped 2 guys on a dare. The 2nd guy didn't like it but he just left and didn't tell anyone.

yeah it was wrong but neither of them ever report it... if it's the girl doing that, is that still sexual harassment?

The reason I ask is because guys generally don't get freaked out nor react the way we do if we're groped. They either might like it, smiled or not like it but walk away.

If you touch someone in a sexual way, you have left harassment in the rearview mirror. You are now in criminal territory.

Laws about this apply to women as well as men. Though the majority of cases that come to prosecutors are about men touching women, there is a small but significant number of cases where a woman is accused of assaulting a man.

You need to find a new way to entertain yourself.

Absolutely! You have no right to touch anybody - no matter your gender or theirs. People making jokes about it clearly haven't thought how they'd feel if it was someone who repulsed you who did the groping. Not so funny then? DO NOT TOUCH being the best rule by law to cancel out any 'but she's/he's ugly . . . 

Men aren't as sensitive and not too many women harrass men in that way. But back in the day when I was a boy, me and my friends grabbed girls all the time. But then one time while I was standing in lunch line a big ugly girl grabbed my butt and I had a feeling of disgust and discomfort shoot through my body and that was the beginning of the end of my grabbing days because I knew how it felt. But yes, it's wrong no matter whose doing it if it's not consentual. 

It’s Sexual Battery but she’ll avoid trouble if sexy zpqd

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• adam

well us men are differant we aint gonna be offended. I would be like well I KNOW she likes me so now I have an opening. 

• ?

If she gropes me, I take it as flirting. It hasn't happened very often, but I welcome it.

• Foofa

That's actually called sexual battery and had these guys called the police this girl could have been prosecuted. Sexual harassment is when someone in a position of power demands sex in return for one keeping something they've already earned or getting something they're otherwise fully qualified to receive. 

• xyzzy

It is not sexual harassment. Harassment is something that is repeated. If you did it once to two different guys then you did not harass anyone. But it could be considered sexual assault.

Most of us enjoy it ... it's not harassment

To be harassment you'd need too tell everyone we're dating to keep other women away.

No.  It's sexual assault, no matter the genders.