I got stitches taken out of the top of my foot a few days ago, can I go longbording? ?

Usually suturesatr the top of the foot are left in for about 2-3 weeks.  Since it is not a weightbearing area, the wound tends to coapt well.  After removal, there are "holes" left in the skin.  However, if they were removed prematurely, there will be dehiscence.  I would imagine that if the wound was not ready, the doctor would not have removed the sutures.  Be careful.

• Andy C

I would wait until healing is done. 

So you aren't down for another few weeks. 

Just like COVID-19, canceling Thanksgiving.   

It's likely only to be this once...unless people gather.

If your doctor didn't say "No", obviously it can do no harm.

One should definitely check with one's doctor *before* doing so as the wound may be open and/or still in the process of healing.  I agree with the other respondent that salt water may be an irritation to the area too.  Please check with your treating physician beforehand.

you can.  but the saltwater may cause irritation and maybe a rash or infection.  I wouldn't risk it.  a neighbor had surgergy around her hip.  she went to the beach and in the water while still with stitches.  it got infected.  now she has a limp in her walk.  that's permanent.  don't take the risk. until you know for sure the wound has completed the healing process.

Sure, as long as all you see is a scar and no opening.