I got stitches taken out of the top of my foot a few days ago, can I go longbording? ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Usually suturesatr the top of the foot are left in for about 2-3 weeks.  Since it is not a weightbearing area, the wound tends to coapt well.  After removal, there are "holes" left in the skin.  However, if they were removed prematurely, there will be dehiscence.  I would imagine that if the wound was not ready, the doctor would not have removed the sutures.  Be careful.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would wait until healing is done. 

So you aren't down for another few weeks. 

Just like COVID-19, canceling Thanksgiving.   

It's likely only to be this once...unless people gather.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If your doctor didn't say "No", obviously it can do no harm.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

One should definitely check with one's doctor *before* doing so as the wound may be open and/or still in the process of healing.  I agree with the other respondent that salt water may be an irritation to the area too.  Please check with your treating physician beforehand.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

you can.  but the saltwater may cause irritation and maybe a rash or infection.  I wouldn't risk it.  a neighbor had surgergy around her hip.  she went to the beach and in the water while still with stitches.  it got infected.  now she has a limp in her walk.  that's permanent.  don't take the risk. until you know for sure the wound has completed the healing process.

• 2 months ago

Sure, as long as all you see is a scar and no opening.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.