Why are people putting up Christmas decoration early this year?

• donnie

Because they can’t wait. I choose to wait until either thanksgiving or after 

probably getting it now befoe they shut everything down again 

because they're stupid 

• SW-6

I have been putting mine up this week, early also.  I would think most of us are doing it out of boredom and a little excitement in our days during this shelter in in most areas.  I am having so much fun in putting my decorations up as the only thing I have been doing since April / May that gives me SOME excitement is getting out of the house to do my grocery shopping.  :)

• drip

My neighbor had his inside Christmas tree up and the banister decorated two weeks ago. 

People need some cheer

They have the time / are at home 

Where I am at we have had some unseasonably warm weather, great time to get the outside lights up. 

• denise

Because their depressed about the lockdown / covid.

I've had a few up for a couple of months already.  It brightens up the room and  cheers me up.  (nothing outside) 

"Decorations", not 'decoration'. Find someone who's doing that and ask them, twitlet.

Because they do not know the traditions of the festival. Christmas decorations traditionally go up on or after the first Sunday of Advent which is 29 November this year, and they come down after Twelfth Night, which is 5 January, the eve of the Feast of the Epiphany.

Because they are dumb.