Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Ovulation question?

So I'm trying to get pregnant. I have been doing ovulation tests for several days and today the test was finally positive. Meaning the lh surge. However, my husband and I should have done it this evening but he was too tired. If we do it tomorrow November 19th will that be too late?

should have called me

Sperm can live inside you for five days.

The egg only lives for 12 to 24 hours.

You should be having sex at least once every three days no matter what the ovulation test says - especially in the days right before you think you will get your positive results.  

You DO NOT need to have sex ON the day of ovulation to become pregnant.  Sperm will wait for the egg to arrive.  You can have sex on a Monday and actual conception can happen up to five days later even if you never have more sex in that time frame.

Will the 19th be too late - maybe - maybe not.  The test is only indicating when hormone levels are right for ovulation.  It DOES NOT indicate that ovulation has actually happened or not.  You CAN get a positive ovulation test but NOT actually ovulate.

An ovulation test can only tell you that conditions are right for ovulation.It can't know when, or even if, you will ovulate. To increase the chance of conceiving you should be having regular sex throughout the middle of your cycle, not waiting until you get a positive result on an ovulation test.

There is only one way to find out if tomorrow is too late and it's not asking strangers on the internet.