has anybody ever switched a motorcycles clutch and shifter levers?

so that you push your left foot into a pedal to use the clutch and shift with the lever on your left hand?

ive noticed i have alot of trouble pulling my clutch lever in. 

i admit im not a very experienced rider, but the only street bikes ive ridden are 

the honda shadow 1100 02 which, the lever is really tough

honda nighthawk 250 93 and the lever is extremely tough

triumph tiger 96 and the lever is still really tough 

so its either all three of those bikes or its me.

• 5 days ago

My bother in law used to have an old knuckle with the foot clutch and hand shifter. I'd ride it every once in a while..it took a lot of getting used to. Fix your bike or build up your muscles, its not worth the trouble.

Motorcycles used to be left foot clutch and a left hand shifter.Some were tank mounted..Some choppers are still built this way..In your case...lube the cable and change the lever..

Don't blame the machine. Blame the rider. Clean and lubricate the cable and change the lever for a dogleg lever that gives a slight mechanical advantage. Maybe you just aren't made to ride.

Switching is NOT WORTH THE EFFORT.

I know when my clutch gets harder to push in on the car.  You really don't notice the gradual change but it gets harder to push down as the clutch wears out.  It hasn't started to slip yet but - when I did start to notice the clutch was slipping was shortly afterwards.   The change to a new clutch was like you needed a single TOE to press the clutch down.(instead of your heel)  It was THAT MUCH difference.  So, if you can ride it to a bike shop and have them evaluate where the hang up is - or if there is a hang up or IT IS JUST YOU.  Tell them "you is having problem pulling in clutch lever"  Takes them a couple of squeezes and they know.

They may find it as a binding clutch cable or reset the lever so it is closer to your fingers...or tell you you need a new clutch. (that means taking the motor apart to install it and they can quote you a price.) as most of it is time(to disassemble and reassemble).  

.  Then again, sit on a new bike and pull in their clutch lever.  If you find it easy you KNOW IT IS NOT YOU.  If you find you can't do it on a new bike, (no it does not need to run) as you are not shifting...then it is your left hand is too weak. Most are not that weak in their hands.

.  Who knows, you may have been that LUCKY to test 3 bikes that all need clutches. Size of bike should not matter because women ride HD 1200 no problem...or on a 125 Trail bike for the off road racing circuit.

If it is you, then you have to buy an automatic bike. Or no bike.

I have done it for a motorcycle with an engine capacity of 150 cc but not for a large capacity engine

• F

I’m not sure if everything is standardised these days ( I’m not a biker) but US and European bikes used to have the controls reversed.

• ?

how about just removing the cable and replacing it , sounds easy to me , you just need a 13 mm spanner . just loosen the cable nuts and replace the cable then adjust it , $20 part .

I don't believe that's ever been done.

You might just need to do some maintenance on the clutch handle/cable (or replace some components).  You can use graphite to lubricate the cable and a little WD-40 on the clutch handle (where it pivots) - if it has a bushing it may be worn out.

Get yourself a hand strength trainer or just a rubber ball and practice squeezing it to increase your hand strength.

If you have some kind of condition that prevents your hand from being able to squeeze the clutch, consider getting a scooter or bike with an automatic transmission.

So go buy a scooter with an automatic.

Why not simply buy an automatic motorcycle or just get a car?